I think we all drink secret toasts to the end of summer. At the end of the toast is the promise of colorful leaves, knit sweaters, and my favorite: fall spiced pumpkin soup by the fire. I love this CBD soup recipe because it’s quick, has simple ingredients, and can be made vegan! Soup is such an easy meal to make. It tastes great reheated and pairs well with sandwiches, salads or can be served as a main course with a side of bread. This recipe is great year-round for us Oregonians, because its cold and rainy about nine months out of the year.
When the colors of the leaves begin to change, it’s time for fall festivities to begin. Fall can be the starting point of many stressful events. It marks the beginning of the school year for students, puts pressure on working extra shifts to pay for christmas gifts, time off for holidays, and the dreaded seasonal depression. When the mountain of stress stacks higher, I know I need a quick and effective pick me up. This soup marries sweet and savory flavors of fall and incorporates a superstar ingredient: full spectrum CBD oil.
Here’s what you’ll need for this CBD soup recipe:
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 400g, peeled and roughly diced)
- 2 large carrots (about 200g, peeled and roughly diced)
- 400 g pumpkin or squash flesh (peeled and roughly diced)
- 1 eating apple (cored and roughly diced)
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 g butter
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 dropper of Nature’s Peak CBD Oil
- Begin by peeling and dicing the onion, carrot, sweet potato, apple, and pumpkin.
- Add olive oil to a pot, and saute the onions until translucent. Once the onions have a caramel color, add in the garlic and stir. Add cinnamon and allspice, and keep on a low burn until fragrant.
- After about 5-7 minutes, toss in diced sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin and apple. Cook for another few minutes, until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add in the vegetable stock and vanilla extract to the pot. Stir to ensure none of the ingredients are stuck to the pan. Cover the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat for about 5 minutes before blitzing in a blender. You can also use an immersion blender, which I prefer!
- Drizzle the soup with Nature’s Peak CBD Full Spectrum Tincture, before serving. I use about 1 dropper-full for garnish.
There you have it! A wonderful hearty fall soup with the calming properties of CBD! This soup is wonderful for when you need a quick pick me up after a long day or as a great holiday side dish! Happy cooking!